Site Specific event organized in Sergey’s Courtyard. More than sixty artists made new works related to the site : The Courtyard itself and the hostel building, its geographical location in the city- an island of noble beauty and silence in the city center, in front of the Today Jerusalem Jail in the Russian Compound, the building’s and area’s history, the present use of as well as today political situation, were the themes of the Event and of the works.
The event took place in Sergey’s Coutyard, which was built in 1890 by the Russian Prince Sergei as a Hostel for the Russian nobility pilgrims. In 1917 the Hostel was handend to the British rulers. In 1964 the properties of the Russian Church which were situated in the Russian Compound were handedto the State of Israel in what is called “ The Oranges Deal”.
Nowadays, The Association for the Protection of the Nature and The Ministry of Agriculture work in the courtyard.
Event organized in occasion of the launching of the finfth issue of (H)Earat Shulaym